Thursday, September 17, 2009

2 months & 1 day from the due date

Today is September 17th, which means that I am 2 months and 1 day away from my due date! Ack! It's so exciting and mind-boggling at the same time. Even though the due date is really just a guess, and he will come when he's ready, there still has been this date - November 18th - in the back of my mind since March. And now, it's swifly approaching...

He continues to become more and more active in my belly every day and I am in awe of his every move. It is the best feeling. Even when it hurts or is uncomfortable because he's pressing hard or persistently, I love it because it reminds me that there really is a little person inside.

We talk to him every night. Coconut and George (the dogs) lay on my tummy, and Coco cocks her head from side to side if she feels him move. It's as if she's saying "what's that alien thing inside you, lady?" and "is it going to take any of my treats?"

In short, he is already such a big part of our lives, and he hasn't even shown himself to the world yet.

And thank goodness I have approximately 2 months and 1 day left to go before he does decide to make an appearance...because there is lots more to do!