Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Makes Everything Better


Today I ate a piece of pumpkin pie and it was so good, it made me want to cry. Literally. Like, I shook for a moment on the inside and had to fight off actual tears. Every bite I took filled my mouth with that sweet, nutmeg and cinnamon-y goodness of pumpkin and I could almost close my eyes and pretend it's Thanksgiving.

Thank you, Costco, for serving up delicious pumpkin pies for under $5 in early September.

By the time it is actually Thanksgiving, I am usually so full from eating other things (turkey, stuffing, cheese logs, Sees candy) that I feel like even though I bake the pies, I never really savor them.

So what better thing to do on Wednesday afternoon that taste a bit of holiday goodness a little early?

Next time you're feeling down or craving something delicious, try it. You'll give thanks that you did.

No comments: