Wednesday, July 26, 2006

First Class First Time

What's the cliche - "ignorance is bliss?"

I think that's how I felt about flying coach. I never knew what it was like on the other side of the wall, the first class side, so I was content. I didn't know what I was missing.

While preparing to board a flight from NYC back to Los Angeles, a flight attendant asked if we'd mind taking a later, direct flight to Los Angeles, and she'd bump us up to first class. Why not?

What's so great about first class? The ample leg room, the cushy seats, the cup holder on the arm rest so that you can have a drink near you without having your tray table down the entire ride are some of the plush details I was impressed with during my first first-class flight. But my favorite part about it? The warm chocolate chip cookies and glass of milk we were served about a 1/2 hour before landing.

I could get use to the jet-setting life of being a first class lady...but maybe I'll have to wait a few years.

No comments: