Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week 2

Okay, so I've slacked on the updates but the Great Leopard experiment continues. I kicked off week 2 with a bang in this newly acquired leopard sweater.


I took the kids to the newly reopened Natural History Museum with a friend and her 3 little kids. The kids loved it and we laughed to ourselves when, while viewing the coyote display, my friend's daughter was so excited because there were bunnies AND coyotes in the same diorama; she proclaimed, "Look, Mommy! The coyote has a bunny in its mouth. How cute!" Ah, childhood naïveté. Why spoil her excitement with a lesson in harsh reality? We immediately moved on to the more inviting raccoon display. The best part of the day personally was that since it was the MLK holiday and Kiko was home from work, I was able to sneak in a Cardio Barre class. Man, I am out of shape, but it still felt amazing to have an hour to myself and to get a great workout in. I like to think the sweater helped motivate me to workout. Day 9 was a zebra underwear day, and day 10 I kicked it up a notch with some kick-ass leopard boots I forgot were in my closet.


These were some hand-me-downs from my mom and help me put an extra spring in my step. When you live in the city, you can't take yourself too seriously when you're wearing leopard boots. Days 11 & 12 were animal underwear days... - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: